This blog is dedicated to all things Frank – past, present and future.


Tuesday, October 9, 2012

KISS - Comcast Theatre in Hartford, CT (9/23/12)



Sometimes working on the Toyota account has its perks. We do lots of in-stadium signage at the Comcast Theatre in Hartford, CT, so free tickets sometimes come our way. More specifically…KISS tickets! If you know me, you know I'm a super-KISS fan and I've been raising my kids to be KISS fans as well – Chloe has seen KISS Meets The Phantom of the Park more times than I have! They weren't the best seats, but for the price, not bad.


Mötley Crüe were on before KISS and they put on a great show. Lots of fire, a couple of scantily clad girls and Tommy Lee did the 'ol upside-down drum set routine. Casey really enjoyed them and told me when he gets older he wants to be a singer in a band just like Crüe. He also wants to be a toy maker and a wrestler.


Before going to the show I did a search for KISS' setlists from the tour. Chloe's favorite song is "Shout It Out Loud" (it's in Phantom and also in a Scooby Doo episode we have), so I wanted to make sure I was ready to record it with my iPhone. Turns out they always play it second, right after "Detroit Rock City", so I was ready (see video above). I pan over to Casey and Chloe during the choruses so you can see them rocking out. Chloe constantly had her tongue out in respect to Gene Simmons.



But after about four songs, Chloe was beat and eventually fell asleep on Kim's lap. Casey also started to wane towards the very end, but he got his second wind during the show finale, "Rock and Roll All Nite". Awesome show.


Next…we see The Monkees in December. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment