This blog is dedicated to all things Frank – past, present and future.


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kidsday (1983)


I recently heard that due to budgetary reasons there's plans to shut down my old elementary school, Jacob Gunther. It's sad that education isn't valued the way it should be in this country. It's also sad on a personal level.

I have many fond memories of my years at Jacob Gunther Elementary School. One of which is the time Newsday recruited my class for it's Kidsday section. We all collaborated in writing stories, creating games and illustrations for the June 19th, 1983, 4-page insert. (The psychotic man stirring the large lunch pot was my contribution.)



We created enough material that Kidsday ran some smaller stories in the weeks leading up to our issue. Here's a record review of Men At Work's "Business As Usual" I was a part of…


And below is an illustration I added to a jumble game about the Yankees


I believe the Jacob Gunther School closing is not set in stone. Let's hope they find a way to keep the doors open.

No comments:

Post a Comment