This blog is dedicated to all things Frank – past, present and future.


Friday, August 12, 2011

"Sabotage" Sabotaged!


I uploaded my version of "Sabotage" to YouTube a year ago. It got over 10,000 views. Of course I used the Beastie Boys song even though I didn't own the copyright. It was just a homage to the band and the video and I wasn't making any money off of it.

So when the Beastie Boys started their "Make Some Noise" site I submitted it. It got over 3,000 more views. Then a representative from the Beastie Boys contacted me saying they "loved" the video and sent me some cool stuff in the mail (read about it here). Awesome!

A month after that the video is blocked by UMPG Publishing/EMI. That's the man for ya.



(Pssst…you can still view the video on Vimeo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment