This blog is dedicated to all things Frank – past, present and future.


Thursday, May 12, 2011

Luke Duke

In 2007 I had the chance to work with Tom Wopat. We were going to use him as the announcer for Toyota. He came into the studio about three or four times to lay down scratch tracks for some demos and he was very nice and personable. He didn't mind talking about his past starring in The Dukes of Hazzard – he even brought it up – and he also reminisced about competing on Battle of the Network Stars. I told him that the Trio Network had a Battle of the Network Stars marathon and that I taped them all...because that's what I do. Tom asked if I could make him a copy for the next time I saw him. Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance because of "the incident" – which I won't get into here – but that was the end of our working relationship.

I did, however, get the chance to have Tom sign a Cracked magazine I kept since 1980. I was a big fan of The Dukes of Hazzard and CHiPS. Erik Estrada... you're next.

No comments:

Post a Comment