This blog is dedicated to all things Frank – past, present and future.


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Fountain at the Freehold Mall, NJ


This is pretty amazing...

Every time we go to the mall I always bring a pocket full of pennies for the kids to throw in the fountain. If you look at the photo above you'll see there's a large glass ball in the center filled with water. At the top of the ball is a small opening about 2.5" wide. People often try to throw their pennies through the opening. It's extremely hard to accomplish.

About six months ago we were at the mall and I gave the kids about 20 pennies each. Chloe went through hers very fast, as usual, while Casey took his time throwing them in the water. On his last penny he turned to me and said, "I'm going to get it in the ball". Not sure what possessed him to call out that last penny, but in a Babe Ruth fashion, Casey nailed it! I was astonished.

A few months later, around Christmas, we were once again at the mall throwing pennies in the fountain. Although he didn't call this one out, Casey got it through the top of the glass ball again! Let me stress once more that it's an extremely difficult maneuver to execute.

Fast forward to yesterday. I'm currently on a two week vacation so of course we found ourselves at the mall, at the fountain. Casey knows I like the fountain story so he decided to call it out once again. He throws his penny and...misses! Strike one. He throws a second penny and...NAILS IT!

That's my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment