This blog is dedicated to all things Frank – past, present and future.


Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Casey's Top 20 DVDs


Yesterday was Chloe's Top 20 DVDs. Today it's Casey's turn. Like Chloe's Top 20, Casey's is in no particular order but he did supply me with some quotes. Here we go...

Flash Gordon (1980)
"I like the guys that fly (Hawk people) and when they put their hand in that thing and the creature bites them."

Mothra Vs. Godzilla (1964)
"Mothra looks cool."

Star Wars [Saga] (1977-2008)
Casey likes the whole Star Wars saga but we tend to watch Episode 4: A New Hope the most – that's the first one that came out in '77. Favorite things about Star Wars... "The Stormtroopers and shooting...Obi Wan, Yoda and Han Solo". Star Wars is definitely in my Top 20, too.

Planet of The Apes [Saga] (1968-1974)
Casey also likes the whole Planet of The Apes saga but we usually watch the TV series episodes. Favorite things about Planet of The Apes... "The apes have guns and they talk". P.S. Planet of The Apes (1968) is my favorite movie of all time.

KISS Meets The Phantom of The Park (1978)
KISSology Vol. 2 is another favorite but specifically KISS Meets The Phantom of The Park (also known as KISS in the Attack of the Phantoms). "I like when KISS fights the monkey robots and KISS robots."

Batman (1989)
"When the Joker falls in the acid. And when the Joker shoots the guy and does tricks with his gun."

Grease (1978)
This one made it on Casey and Chloe's Top 20. It may also make mine. "The car race when the bad guy makes a hole in the other car. The bad guys car also shoots fire. And I like the song that Sandy and Danny sing at the same time (Summer Nights)."

School of Rock (2003)
"I like the School of Rock song when they dress up at the end. Jack Black is funny."

Clash Of The Titans (1981)
"The horse that flies and the guys shield and sword and Medusa."

Caveman (1981)
This movie would never make my Top 20 but I love that it made Casey's. He likes... "When the blind man touches the dinosaur...when the guys slips on the giant egg yolk...the mean caveman...and when the ice monster slips."

Elf (2003)
"When he finds out his Dad is on the naughty list and says 'No!!!!', and when he says 'Santa's coming!!!!'. And when he throws snowballs really fast and when he burps."

Home Alone (1990)
"The spider part and the BB gun and when he sets up traps."

The Bad News Bears Go To Japan (1978)
Casey likes all The Bad News Bears movies but he goes against the grain...the Walter Matthau one is his least favorite. I know...give him time. "I like the wrestling part and I like Japan." Casey wants to visit Japan.

Ghostbusters (1984)
"I like that they try to look for ghosts and it's funny when they get scared."

Our Gang (1938-1942)
I love that these shorts made in 1938 made his list. "They're funny...Alfalfa, Spanky and Buckwheat."

Kenny & Co. (1976)
"I like when they go to Mrs. Walker's house on Halloween and one is dressed like a penguin. Mrs. Walker shoots at them."

The World's Greatest Athlete (1973)
"He's a friend to the animals. (Tim Conway) falls in to quicksand and the voodoo doll is cool."

Kung Fu Panda (2008)
When Casey was three I took him to see this movie. It was the second movie we've been to. The first time (Horton Hears A Who!) went relatively smoothly. But with Kung Fu Panda, Casey threw a tantrum about half way through so we had to leave early. He's since seen it many times on DVD. "I like the Furious Five and when the fireworks shoot him up in the air and when he fights the bad guy and crashes into the ground."

The Karate Kid (1984)
"I like Mr. Miyagi and when the bad kids chase Daniel on motorcycles and the tournament at the end."

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971)
This one happens to be my second favorite movie of all time. Casey says... "I like when the Oompa-Loompa's sing songs...Augustus gets caught in the pipe...when Charlie finds the ticket...it's funny that the old people never get out of bed...when Willy Wonka pretends he's old but then does a trick...and when they first go in the place where they eat all the candy." And like me, Casey chooses to skip over the "Cheer Up Charlie" song. It's boring.


Turns out Casey and I share at least four movies that make both our Top 20 lists. Not sure what that says about me? I need to introduce him to Woody Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment