This blog is dedicated to all things Frank – past, present and future.


Monday, December 13, 2010

The Satan Parade at the Staten Island Mall (2006)


Nope, that's not a typo… In 2006, Kim, Casey and I met up with Kim's aunt and cousins at the Staten Island Mall to see the "Santa" Parade. It was pretty crowded with children and parents waiting to see Santa. The parade started with a bunch of elves marching and singing. When the elves got to the stage they started to tell a Christmas story, which would lead to Santa's arrival. During the story they invited select kids up to the stage and handed each of them a large letter on a piece of oak tag. One kid got a "S", one got a "A", one got a "N", and so on.

When they got to the end of the story they asked all the kids to line up with their letters, and the lead elf said… "And what does it spell?!!!"

It spelled… S-A-T-A-N

I immediately started to laugh out loud as the elves frantically fumbled with the kids to get them in the correct S-A-N-T-A formation. I looked around and realized I was the only one laughing. Then I remembered… I was in Staten Island.

2 comments:

  1. Relax with the Staten Island comment! Funny story though.. how come I was never told about this?

    ReplyDelete