This blog is dedicated to all things Frank – past, present and future.


Monday, October 25, 2010

"Me and My Brand New Haircut" (teaser video)



I plan to write more about my experience shooting the video for "Me and My Brand New Haircut", starring Davy Jones (from The Monkees) and Billy Kelly (not from The Monkees), sometime after it premieres on YouTube, October 26th – that's tomorrow! But until then, here's a teaser video I made for the video.

I introduced my kids to The Brady Bunch around the time I got the "Haircut" gig from Billy. While watching the episode "Getting Davy Jones" (for the hundredth time!), I noticed I could easily replace Marcia with Billy and rewrite the story to create a little teaser video. Billy liked the idea so I sent him a still shot of the recording studio from the episode and said..."build this". And he did!

When Davy arrived at Billy's house on the day of the shoot we sprung the teaser idea on him. He was game so we quickly shot his bit before heading to our barber shop location for "Me and My Brand New Haircut". Which you'll all see tomorrow on YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment